There are 10 Really Good Reasons to Ban Guns:
1. Guns are used in self-defense more than 2 million times a year. However, this makes the attempted crime a “nonevent,” which necessarily complicates the police investigation. Without civilian ownership of guns, these police investigations would not have been compromised. Civilians should leave crime prevention to the police, who are properly equipped to investigate following the crime’s completion.
2. Some .004 percent of guns are used in crime each year. This is way too high. All guns should be banned.
3. In 98 percent of civilian gun defenses, no shot is fired. If you are not going to fire a shot, you clearly don’t need a gun. Banning guns will prevent these unnecessary defenses.
4. The high crime rate in Washington, D.C., is caused by the cowardly migration of criminals from gun havens like Virginia, in order to avoid armed householders and concealed-carry civilians. This criminal migration is detrimental to helpless unarmed citizens in no-gun areas.
5. Two relatively small and geographically restricted groups, inner-city gangs and drug dealers, consistently commit the majority of gun crimes. The best way to prevent this is by denying guns to all law-abiding people everywhere.
6. No woman needs to protect herself from rape, assault or murder. The police will protect her by investigating the crime after the fact. Police paperwork is all the protection anyone really needs.
7. Gun owners are disrespectful of authority. Their failure to completely and absolutely trust and depend on the authorities is excessive democracy and sends a bad message to children.
8. Guns owners engaging in self-defense are taking the law into their own hands, and only the police and criminals have the right to take the law into their own hands.
9. Children and young people should remain ignorant about guns. Real guns and real gun knowledge dissipates the fantasies created by violent video games and TV.
10. Guns reduce people’s reliance on the police and government, which fosters a mistaken belief in “rights.”
Banning guns will help to establish the order the authorities want. This is good.